- Help individuals and families understand medical uncertainty about rare genetic variants
- Educate individuals and families about how to find more information about the genetic variants that are unique to them
- Provide resources for individuals who want to connect with their families to increase understanding about their genetic variants
- Provide resources for individuals who want to connect with clinical laboratories or research studies to learn more about their variants of uncertain significance (or VUS)
- Act as an educational resource for clinical and research laboratories that classify genetic variants
The FindMyVariant team is affiliated with the University of Washington, Department of Laboratory testing.