Genetics Education Resources
- Genetics Home Reference: Help Me Understand Genetics – This database, created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, contains articles aimed at an introductory level.
- Learn Genetics – Created by the University of Utah, this website has many short presentations, videos, and interactive articles that can help you visualize a concept.
- DNA From the Beginning – If you’re wondering how we’ve learned all we know about genes, this website created by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory teaches a history of genetics.
- My46 – My46 is a service of the University of Washington. It includes an introduction to genetics and descriptions of many genetic diseases.
- Genetic Alliance – Genetic Alliance is a nonprofit network of more than 1,200 disease-specific advocacy organizations as well as thousands of universities, private companies, government agencies, and public policy organizations.
- Genetic Support Foundation – Patient Library – The Genetic Support Foundation is a nonprofit dedicated to providing up-to-date genetics information to patients, providers, and healthcare providers. The Patient Library contains articles breaking down genetics concepts related to cancer, pregnancy, and other common areas of genetics.
- FORCE: Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered – FORCE is a national nonprofit organization based in the United States dedicated to providing support for families with hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. FORCE has several articles explaining genetics and resources to help people connect with each other locally and nationally.