Genetics Education Resources
- Genetic Home Reference: Help Me Understand Genetics – This database, created by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, contains articles aimed at an introductory level.
- Learn Genetics – Created by the University of Utah, this website has many short presentations, videos, and interactive articles that can help you visualize a concept.
- DNA From the Beginning – If you’re wondering how we’ve learned all we know about genes, this website created by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory teaches a history of genetics.
- My46 – My46 is a service of the University of Washington. It includes an introduction to genetics and descriptions of many genetic diseases.
- Genetic Alliance – Genetic Alliance is a nonprofit network of more than 1,200 disease-specific advocacy organizations as well as thousands of universities, private companies, government agencies, and public policy organizations.
- Genetic Support Foundation – Patient Library – The Genetic Support Foundation is a nonprofit dedicated to providing up-to-date genetics information to patients, providers, and healthcare providers. The Patient Library contains articles breaking down genetics concepts related to cancer, pregnancy, and other common areas of genetics.